Father’s Day is almost here! Don’t forget to show those special men in your life, extra love on their special day. Take them for brunch or dinner, or just spend some quality time, or whatever they might want to do, the possibilities are endless! Read on for some gift ideas for the special dad’s in your life.
1. Gift Cards/Gift Certificates to their favorite places, you really can’t go wrong with gift cards, for example:
Hear me out, men work hard and deserve to be pampered, maybe they’ve never had a spa treatment but they should! A massage, mani and pedi, or even a facial, many places offer services specifically tailored towards men. Their favorite restaurant, or store, my go to is Dick’s Sporting Goods. Uber Eats, Door Dash, be creative, you know him best!
2. Cologne- Every man needs a good cologne, some of my favorite scents are Eternity Aqua, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, Chrome by Azzaro, Armani Code Summer. Bath and Body Works also carries a men’s line of lotions, body washes and fragrances and they are amazing, put him on to some smell good gift sets, my faves are Freshwater, Ocean and Mahogany Teakwood.
3. Athleisure, I like Nike, they have good style. Hoodies, tees, basketball shorts, lifestyle shorts, joggers (their yoga line joggers *insert drool*), they even have underwear which I hear their boxer briefs are pretty comfortable, dri-fit socks, slides, shoes, you just can’t go wrong here. Also Lululemon has a men’s line and they are a definite splurge.
4. An experience- Treat him by taking him out to a ball game or other sporting event, a concert, the gun range, axe throwing, a fun day at Dave N’ Busters, just something out of the ordinary that he normally wouldn’t treat his own self to.
5. Shoes- Women aren’t the only ones obsessed with shoes! Some men are die hard sneakerheads and you can’t go wrong with a trendy pair of sneakers. Try Flight Club, Stock X or EBay for harder to get sneakers.
6. Cigars/Alcohol- Some men really enjoy a good high-quality cigar, and a good liquor to accompany it for relaxation and unwinding, to celebrate a special occasion or milestone, or even just celebrating life! Pair cigars with a nice humidor, have it engraved or customized. You can also pair them with a good cognac, rum, whiskey or bourbon and a nice decanter that you can also have engraved or customized.
7. Tee Time! - Just like cigars and alcohol, golfing can be relaxing for some, time to unwind with the guys and hang out, have a couple drinks. It also can be competitive for those who love it for the challenge. Reserve that man some tee time and pair it with some clubs, balls, or golfing attire.
8. Travel- Some dads have sacrificed their roots for work or a better life or whatever it may be. Life happens and now they have a family of their own in a different city or state or maybe even country! If not, who doesn’t need a little vacation or getaway? Gifting airline tickets, or hotel accommodations or even the whole trip is reachable with Affirm or Uplift where you can pay overtime.
9. Hometown Gear- If your dad is not native to the state they currently reside, gifting things from home are a great way to show dad you care! Sports attire like jerseys, shirts, or other memorabilia from their home team are a nice touch.
10. Quality Time!- At one point you were daddy’s little girl or dad’s little guy. As the years go by, we get so involved in our own lives that we don’t always have or make enough time to spend with the ones we love. Sometimes a man doesn’t want material things, he may want just a day to spend with his kids. Something meaningful that he will never forget, is the day he got to spend with his child